8.26.2011

////

2011-08-26 Today's Adventure

Oh my I'm so exhausted right now. Today I traveled across greater Vancouver to get all my textbooks for uni. And was the first time I'm taking the transit system here. Have to say it was quite a day~and so hot too! >___<

Here's a recap on my adventures: 
First I went to Richmond to get my bio texts. At first I planned to go there last because the bio texts (3 volumes!!) are really heavy but my mom told me she can pick me up in Metrotown which means I won't have to go back to Richmond to take transit and get home. Therefore, I arranged to meet around 10AM and get the bio first. THEN mom said she can't pick me up anymore but I already made plans which means I have to carry the three hunky heavy texts with me all day...which I did. oh my poor shoulders =__=

Because I had never taken the transit here before, I had no clue on the timing and how everything works so when I planned it I especially left out some extra time. First I had to go to WRC to take the express bus. Hearing it's a centre I'd assume it has a place to buy passes. But it turned out to be just a few stations along the street ._________. yeahh and they call that a centre. So when I first got there I had no idea where to get my day pass. It took me like 15min to finally get one in the nearby grocery store in the mall. Thankfully I came out of the house earlier than planned and caught my bus. The bus was cooooll. haha it's like this greyhound bus, with only one door, comfy seats, air conditioning thingies on top, and overhead baggage area. And the best thing about transit here is that they actually announce the next station!! Now I actually know where to get off! haha

So I safety got to Richmond and is going to take the station to meet the person. But it turned out I took the wrong train and went to the airport. lol thank goodness the skytrains were really fast so I was still early when I got to the meeting place. The bio books were quite expensive but since I'm sharing with my friend it turned out to be really cheap. But just to try my luck I asked the person if she would lower the price since I saw someone else also selling for a lower price (though not the same edition :P). I had set my mind on buying from her so I didn't really care that she didn't want to lower the price. But I probably guilt-tricked her saying I'll still buy from her because I already set up the meeting date and everything, hinting I'll give up the cheaper book for you. (lol I'm terrible) In the end she gave me a whole bag full of stationery! Binders, three full pencil cases full of pencils and pens and lead. lololol they were really pretty too! Those supplies can last me a lifetime. No need to buy binders anymore! yay :D hahahaha The downside is that that was the first meeting and I have to carry all those with me the ennnttiiirree dayy T____T

The books were so heavy in my backpack and I still have to carry a plastic bag. darn. When I got to campus I was pretty exhausted. But I was there early so I went to the village to look at textbooks = lots of walking. Then I went back to meet up with people for textbooks, decided I needed lunch and went back to the village for McDonalds. Overall it was just a whole lot of walking while carrying this uber heavy backpack and a plastic bag. It was steaming hot too. omg -dies-

The village itself is pretty neat. It has like jap food, supermarket, staples, gym, shops, basically everything. It's definitely a nice to be :) though I'm pretty sure I looked really gross that day. Oh yes, also visited SUB and library = more walking. yay. =.= But I'm pretty confident in my direction sense in that part of the campus already :)

Since I finished everything I needed early, I got to metro an hour early. I thought I could preoccupy myself with shopping but heck my bag was wayyyy too heavy. So in the end I just sat in metrotown for an hour. lolol and  bargaining for a converse bag :) What happened was I saw this converse bag online and the guy seemed really desperate in selling it since he immediately replied and wanted to meet up asap. I'd say I now have some expensive in selling and buying things online. So I sent an asking price of $10.00 (he listed for $30). Honestly I don't love the bag that much to buy it for such an expensive price. After much bargaining the guy phoned me. Seriously don't phone me!!! omg I was running out of money then and I needed my precise money for texting people to meet up. But he did and we settled for $20.00. Seeing the 2 makes me cringe. In the end I only paid $18. What actually surprised me was the guy himself. Through our convos I thought he was like this bum and not asian. Apparently he doesn't have a camera to take photos and doesn't have a cellphone...he's using his brother's. (k honestly doesn't the cellphone have a camera? =___=) And he was going to call me with a pay phone when he get to metrotown. But when I actually met with him, he was this fobby dude with some pricey looking clothes (and a decent hair lol) And he have a cell in his hand!!!! .....yeahh weird story of the day. But I'm happy to get the bag :) It's a big converse duffel!

All I can say was it was a heck of a tiring day. I spent all my cash I earned from garage sales too (gave all the coins away. lolol).

0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment