8.26.2011

2011-08-26 Jane Eyre

Just watched Jane Eyre, the miniseries by BBC. Unfortunately because it's TV version, it's not listed on Flixster so I think I'll just do a quick review here.

I first heard of Jane Eyre from my PA class. In my first year they did a song from there but I didn't really know what the story was about. Out of curiosity, I borrowed the DVD from the library. For some reason I kept thinking Jane Austen. lol. Anyhow it was a good thing I did because I loved it very much. The cast was amazing. I like Toby Stephen's Mr. Rochester very much. And Ruth Wilson's Jane Eyre fitted very well with, what I like to call Mr. Rochester, the beast. The cinematography was a pleasure pleasure to watch and it had the right amount of the various elements of Jane's life. The various foreshadowing of the twist in the ending was nicely done in the film. The best part of the movie has definitely got to be the story itself. Though I'm not too sure if I want to read the book yet. Apparently this film shortened the beginning part of her childhood and the ending after leaving the Rochester's house. I, in fact, like the change and enjoyed more of her experience in the Thornfield (perhaps it's because of Mr. Rochester lol). I think I'll wait a bit on the reading. But I'm so curious of the musical! Too bad we didn't do it during my three years of PA.

0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment