1.14.2011

2011-01-14 Athena & Dream High {Spoiler Alert}


So I watched the first three episodes of Athena. After IRIS, which was an awesome drama except the awful ending {my rant here}, I had high expectations for Athena. I know that is it only a spin-off and is not the actual sequel but it should be just as awesomely intense right?...maybe not. So far, I'm feeling more confused than hooked with suspense. I am very bothered by the head-over-heel obsessiveness the main guy, Lee Jung-Woo, has for the girl, Yoon Hye-In...it was love at first site for him too. lllaammmee T_T It just makes his overall character very weak and stupid ~ very different from Hyun Joon from IRIS and I don't like it. Yoon Hye-In, on the hand, is a butt-kicking agent, which I like. But she's one of the bad guys? but she's also with the good guys? huh? The three years later transition was kind of big and abrupt for me. It left me kinda confused. And in the second episode, WHY IS THE FIRST 15MIN JUNG-WOO'S DREAM!!!! This is the first time I had seen such portrayal in a drama before. The fighting and the stunts in the dream was awesome but it's a dream. A DREAM! I don't see the point of inserting a dream in there other than making the drama seem more action-packed than it really is. And I dislike the main guy even more because in his dream, he dreamed all these crazy stunt agent work with Hye-In, the girl he kept on chasing despite her lack of interest for him...uhhh...does this guy have nothing better to do? what a sad life he lives. And the ending for episode 2 was just bad. Is it suppose to be suspense that Jung-Woo meets his ex-gf? gosh. And so far the missions in the episodes are really not that interesting~~~So in episode 3, they finally started doing some more agent work. They went to three different cities within one episode. wow. but really, after watching this episode, I really think this guy is kind of stupid. While all the evidence clearly points out that the korean girl they met is the target they are looking for, they didn't realize until it was too late. *sigh* Let's just hope it will get better now that the president's daughter is kidnapped.



I also watched Dream High. I was curious in how all the idols acted so I watched the first 2 episodes. The overall plot is so-so. Not that interesting. I thought Taecyeon's acting was kind of awkward. When he fights, it just doesn't seem real at all. He just swings his arms and looks like he is dancing and somehow the people around him falls down. @_@ And the loan shark was just weird! He always demands for money but still  sends her off to a performing arts school. Random much! So far, this drama seems very average.

0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment