6.27.2010

////

2010-06-27 Life as a Shad: Day 1

Oh boy, it's only day 4 of my Shad experience, yet it feels like a whole week passed. So what happened? Well, let's recap.

Day 1: Arrival
It was actually a rocky start of the morning. Woke up an hour late but thankfully I didn't miss my flight at 7am. But I was kind of disappointed at my seating on the plane: I just happen to pick the row of seats with two babies on each side of me. @_@. (luckily they are not directly beside me but one person away ^^) ~ good thing they are quiet babies and didn't scream or anything. I managed to catch up the sleep I lost the previous night due to late night packing.

The Hamilton airport is really small. There is only one terminal with two of those baggage belts. I was suppose to wait for the Airway Transit people to find me to take me to McMaster but nobody ever came at the place I was told to wait at. I even called the Airway Transit people and they just told me to wait @_@. I was still there when everybody else from the flights left... T__T. It turned out that I wasn't suppose to wait at that place I was told to wait but the driver eventually found me.

On the way there, I met other three Albertan Shads who were on the same Airway Transit bus as I was: Julianne from Calgary; Morgan from Canmore; and Devon from this small town (I think it's Nisku?~). cool =D

When I got to Hedden Hall (our main Shad building), I was greeted with the staff. Freakishly, they know your profile well. They know your name even before you introduces yourself to them @_@ ~ one of the PA (Program Assistant) named Huntae called my "the music star"...I was thinking...huh? I never put any music stuff on my application? ....(later on found out why =D)

Basically I got up to my room. It's nice. There's storage everywhere so I loooovvvee it. The view is AWESOME!~ cuz the window is humongous!~ and we have the ravine as the view. Very very nice =D

Before 5pm, we got to visit the McMaster. At 5pm, everybody gathered around and we have our very first dinner in the faculty club. When we got back to Hedden, it was pouring rain!~ I'm all soaked =(

0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment