5.12.2009

2009-05-12 NANA Update

It’s been a while since I blogged about NANA but that doesn't mean I didn't read any. I just finished reading NANA 15. The process is really slowly now since I’m all caught up with the English publishing. Perhaps I should start reading online now? blogger-emoticon.blogspot.com

Did you know that NANA can no longer be found under the manga selection under teens section in EPL? It’s considered adult graphic novel blur


NANA 9

I don’t have the slightly idea why but the letter was really touching for me. I’m sad that Hachi moved away. For me, it signifies the stage of the two Nanas has ended and that the story is focusing on to the two bands: BLAST and Trapnest. It's not like I don't like the bands but I feel what the two Nanas have, their friendship, is kinda lost with all the band stuff. T-T

Well here’s the letter…

Dear Nana,
I’m sorry for being so self-centered.
I don’t think you’ll ever forgive me Nana, but I will always, always remember the half year I lived with you.
I feel really lonely, not being able to see you anymore.
But I don’t know what to do.
So I hope you make your major label debut soon and appear on TV a lot so I can see you singing.
No matter who I’m in love with, you’re my only hero, Nana.
No one else is as cool as you.
Up till now, and from now on, too.

September 7, 2001

Nana Komatsu

P.S. I will pay my half of the rent until you find a new roommate. I’ll lock the door when I leave and make sure to get the key to Ren.


NANA 10

In NANA 10, I really liked some of the quotations...

People say that the more you fight with someone, the closer you are to them…
But fighting is ultimately just slamming your egos into each other, and even if this reveals your true feelings, it doesn’t necessarily result in understanding.
I guess it’s impossible to live without getting hurt…
But I realized that I had to try to live without hurting the people around me.
I finally figured that out…
- Nana Osaki
You can’t predict the future but you can change the future to make it better with your own actions ^.~ You can live a happy life or a depressed life. No one will feel pity because you choose how you want to live your life. So when you are feeling moody, angry, or depressed, think again: do you really want to spend your time feeling bad or would you rather spend it on something meaningful. STOP Jenny! Think and DO SOMETHING POSITIVE!! Change the world! Be remembered.
There’s no justice in this world.
If you don’t want to always be disappointed, toughen up and get crafty.
- Yasu
What can I say, it's so true. This world is a dog eat dog world.

Natural disasters can’t be prevented, but man-made disasters don’t have to occur.
That’s what I think. I didn’t end up writing real world events into the Nana story, cause there are people who would have been deeply affected by my retelling. I wouldn’t be able to keep it ambiguous enough, and I didn’t want to just brush over the issue irresponsibly. I hope you all understand. –Ai Yazawa

NANA 11
 
Hey, Hachi. They say people realize the value of something only after they lose it…
But I think it’s when you face it once more…that you truly recognize it. – Nana Osaki
…because you will miss it and value it even more…

NANA 13
Being alone and being lonely are two different things. – Yasu
I never thought about this, but how true. You can choose to be alone but there is no choice in loneliness. It just happen. Perhaps that’s why its so sad to be lonely.

NANA feels really real for me...perhaps its because I watched the live action first? But NANA is becoming more than just a leisure reading for me. I feel that it really reflects on how the world works and about people, about life. Sure, some events may be fictional…after all, this whole thing is fictional, but it is based on real people’s values and their behaviors and on the real world. Thank you Ai Yazawa for writing NANA!

blogger-emoticon.blogspot.com

0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment