3.31.2009

2009-03-31 My Asian Dramas Journey Part III

Hana Yori Dango (花より男子 )
This is another one of my favorite Japanese dramas. I love it from the start, from the cast to the plot. Oguri Shun was so adorable as Rui and Jun portrayed Domyoji so well. Domyoji’s character was so cute. His hotheadedness was absolutely adorable. Truthfully, there are times where I like Domyoji more than I like Rui ^.~…only sometimes though!
The 1st Shop of Coffee Prince (커피프린스 1호점 )

You know what I realized? All the Korean dramas I had watched so far are on my favorite list. I was so excited to watch this because I had longed to see this for a long time. Yoon Eun Hye is a superb actress. She can be so pretty and girly in "Goong" and so cute and handsome in "Coffee Prince". I love everything about this drama: the cast, the character, the plot, the setting, the props, the food, and, of course, the outfits! For the weirdest reason, I really love the uniform of the coffee shop.

Proposal Daisakusen (プロポーズ大作戦 )
Wow, as I recall, when I was watching "Proposal Daisakusen" I had almost a year of break before finally finishing it. Watching "Proposal Daisakusen" was the first time I saw Yamapi act. I remember I was so agitated when Kenzo was so bad at confessing and failed in each episode. Because he was given so many chance, I found the episodes in the middle were rather repetitive, and I must admit that I kind of lost interest. However, it was interesting to see how the drama ended. If there wasn’t a Special that followed the drama, the ending would have sucked. But alls good with the Special ^.^

Hana Yori Dango II (花より男子 II)
Continuation of my favorite cast. What was better was that I was in New York City when I watched the scenes where they were in NYC. So I was sooo excited to see all the sites I had seen in "Hana Yori Dango II". When I was visting the sites I would often think: "Matsumoto Jun and Oguri Shun and the crew walked here before!

I actually took the time to find all the sites.




This pictures took me so long to find it because I didn’t know what it was called. I didn’t even know that it was in Central Park until the last 2 hours I had to leave.

1 Litre of Tears (1リットルの涙 )
I love this drama. Though I didn’t cry one litre of tears but this was truly touching. I think it really reached my heart because this is based on a true story. I am so proud of Aya and I wish I could be so determined and strong like her. After watching this, I really wanted to read her book…if only I can read Japanese.

On Air (온에어)
It is so true that all the Korean dramas I had seen are my favorite and "On Air" is no exception. I love it. The plot itself attracts me the most. The scenes of the entertainment industry was portrayed so real and true as I compare it with the industries I know in real life: SM Entertainment, JYP, etc.

Watching "On Air" also opened my eyes in how dramas are made and about the entertainment industry. The drama was actually quite educational! Being an agent sure is tiring, I can now see why some of them treat their artists so badly…but that doesn’t mean I feel more sympathy towards the companies. I don’t. You know when producing a drama or movie, it is about two things: money and time. All the issues evolve around those two themes. I sure learned a lot just by watching dramas! ^.~

I may not have been an intense drama viewer but I truly enjoyed every minute of it. There are still so many dramas I want to watch! I can’t wait!

My recommendations:
Tawainese:
  • Prince to turned to a Frog
Korean:
  • My Girl
  • Goong
  • Coffee Prince
  • On Air
Japanese:
  • Nodame Cantabile
  • Hana Yori Dango
  • One Litre of Tears

0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment