3.31.2009

2009-03-31 My Asian Dramas Journey Part II

Goong (궁)
I don’t have the slightest idea why but I really, really love this drama. I finally understands why everybody said it was so good. "Goong" is one of my favorite Korean dramas. I love the actresses and actors. I believe that Yoon Eun Hye is a good actress. It was hard to believe that everyone was new to the acting field.

I must say that I enjoyed every single moment of the drama. The setting was absolutely beautiful and the plot was complex. The characters were richly developed and were shown many aspects of their personality. I love Shin’s character and the way his personality was portrayed the best! The actors/actresses really did a good job.

I also adooorree the teddy bears shown in the movie. They are absolutely adorable. I wanted them soooo much!
You know what else I realized? The more the episodes, the more attached I am with the drama. Just like "Prince Frog", there are over 20 episodes. However, the more I watch, the more familiar I get with the characters. In my mind, Yoon Eun Hye will always be Shin Chae-kyung; Joo Ji Hoon is Lee Shin; Kim Jeong Hoon is Lee Yul and Song Ji Hyo will always portray Min Hyo-rin.

The Magicians of Love (爱情魔发师)

It was great seeing the familiar cast of "Prince Frog" again but I must comment of Ming Dao’s hair: IT’S CURLLY!!!aahhhh @_@ I like him so much better with straight hair =.= However, his acting was, once again, wonderful so that made it up. Once again, he portrays two different personalities. The mean, cool Ming Dao vs. the kind innocent one XD

"The Magicians of Love" was fun to watch. Though at first I wasn’t used to Joanne Zeng, playing the main girl. I was so used to Chen Qiao En to be with the cast … but I got used to it. The best part of the drama was the hair cutting parts. They were the coolest because the styles are so extreme and the way they cut it were so flashy and cool. Now, whenever I read Beauty Pop, the manga, I’d think of "The Magicians of Love"!^^

Why Why Love (换换爱)
The familiar cast of "Devil Beside You" appeared once again. Perhaps it was because of the similarity, that I often confuse "Why Why Love" with "Devil Beside You". Personally, the drama was average. Though it was from this drama that I realized Kingone sings! I never knew that! XD

Nodame Cantabile (のだめカンタービレ)
"Nodame Cantabile" is one of my favorite Japanese dramas! I remember during and after watching this, I was obsessed with piano and classical music. "Nodame Cantabile" really made me appreciate classical music and orchestra performances. This drama was humorous, but at the same time, meaningful. I laughed from the beginning to the end, enjoyed every minute of it. It is true that you grow with the characters. After watching "Nodame Cantabile", I realized too that I must work hard for my own success; no one else is going to make your success for you.

Besides the plot, I absolute love the music and all the talented actresses and actors. What I thought was the most interesting was that Tamaki Hiroshi looked older and older in each episode. O_O Compared his looks from the last episode with the last episode, you can see that he had much more wrinkles *gasp* Could acting cause people to get older, faster? But I have to say his hair in the Specials were UGLY!! @_@ However, despite the hair, the Specials were just as good as the drama!

It Started with a Kiss (恶作剧之吻)
I sure dragged on for a long, long time to finish this. I began watching this from the DVD set but the quality was very poor, though I managed…until the last few episodes where I can no longer watch it. So I took almost a three months break before finally finish watching it on youtube. However, perhaps I didn’t pay enough attention or something, but I couldn’t recall the ending very well. What I didn’t like about the drama was its inconsistency. I heard that the drama took a year to film but at least keep it consistent. Joe’s curly hair bugged in soooooo much in the end. Why did they even curl his hair? He looked so much better in the first few episodes. Overall, I was a little disappointed in this drama. After hearing so many compliments, I expected it to be better. It was good, but it could have been better.

Hanazakari no Kimitachi e (花ざかりの君たちへ )
I love the cheerful spirit of everyone. *sigh* Too bad school like that only happens in dramas. Seeing the school spirit just makes me sad that I am stuck in Canada. I want to be in a school environment like that, with school festivals and everything. I first watched the drama, and then I read the book. I love both of them. The dorm heads were adorable and Sano was so cool. Nakatsu was hilarious and the entire cast was fun to watch. It must have been so fun filming the drama with such a huge crew.

0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment