11.28.2008

////

Nestle Vitao Good or Bad?

Just recently, at my workplace, there are free cans of Nestle Vitao. What I realized was funny was that there were no single information on its nutrition value. On the package it mentioned there's vitamins C, E, and calcium and I wanted to know how much of the following nutrients but I couldn't find the nutrional value label!! Not even on the box it came in!!! This was a shocking surprise because I had always thought that nutritional labels are a must on packaged goods...I guess not.

So being the curious me...I went on the wonderful internet and tried to look it up. And guess what? I couldn't find much information about it anywhere??!! At last I came to this website: About Caloriecount: http://caloriecount.about.com/nestea-vitao-calories-ft89104 There was this person who called Coca-Cola Canada and learned that since Nestel Vitao is called a Nutrition or Health Drink they are not required by law to inform people of the calories, sodium or carbs in the product...soo I guess no nutritional label? Here are the facts on the Nestea (341ml can) but I still couldn't find the vitamins and calcium info.

Green Tea with Fuji Apple: 90 Calories, 24g of sugar, 24g of carbs, 60 g of sodium and 18.8 caffeine.

White Tea with Mandarin Orange: 90 Calories, 23g sugar, 23g of carbs and 60g of sodium and 10.9g of caffeine.

Red Tea with Acai Blueberry: 90 Calories, 25g of sugar, 25g of carbs and 60g od sodium, no caffeine

...as told by company...

I suppose they are more healthy...if I to believe the company...and I don't. If it's so healthy, why didn't the company just show the nutrional label?? How hard is that? putting a label on...unless it's not as healthy as it seems. Despite of its healthiness, I doubt I'll ever drink it.

1 Reaction to this post

Add Comment
  1. Kyla Smyth said... December 18, 2008 at 8:41 PM

    This stuff tastes amazing! The flavour is light and not overly sweet the way I find many canned beverages to be.

    I especially like the mandarine and the fuji apple.

    I also like sugar more than aspartame, which these drinks have, and at 90 calories, I think it's a great beverage.

    I never drink soda, but I find these very good and even a bit addicting.

    As for nutrients, I see your point, but it's such a gimmick these days, and besides you get all your nutrients from eating good food.

    My case: this drink is good, low cal and has a natural sweetener

    Thumbs up!