12.18.2011

2011-12-18 Ye Chef!



Earlier this year I was obsessed with this drama called "Pasta". (blog post here) However due to various circumstances (well really just no time) I couldn't finish it until now. I can confidently say this is my favorite drama of all times. This drama is so funny and adorable you just can't help not loving it. It makes me want to smile 24/7.


The best part of this drama is probably Chef Choi Hyun Wook. I never thought I'd like Lee Sun Gyun because he was usually the nice passive guy before but he is such a great actor. I didn't realize this before but Chef (I'm just going to call him this :D) is a very stereotypical male, full of confidence, needs his dominance, and is very prideful.When he dug his own grave and have to deal with the consequences, his struggle between what's in his heart and head is so cute to watch. And I think that's so attractive. lol I must be crazy. Seo Yoo Kyung, on the other hand, listens to her Chef and is, in a way, submissive. However, she's not a useless damsel in distress. I like how she has her own career goals and self-pride. The chemistry is neatly balanced between two very talented actor/actress.

Another thing I like about this drama is that the second characters don't stand a chance. Rather than love triangles, this story just focuses on the romance between the main. The second characters are very passive, in which I don't really mind. haha But Kim San, the CEO of LaSferra, is a prime example of the nice guy who always passively work over the girl he loves but is too cowardly tell her his feelings. urg. I don't pity him at all when Yoo Kyung didn't even have the slightly affection for him other than friendship lol. Chef Oh Sae Young, on the other hand, surprised me with her passiveness. I was expecting her to be more feisty but I suppose her past hindered her.

As for the kitchen crew, I think the last episode really shows the friendship between these guys. At first I didn't like the prideful and unaccepting attitudes of the domestic chefs. But when you think about it, it's understandable and very close to reality. Older chefs with experience don't like to be talked down upon by a newbie on the block. Though the sous-chef really bothered me in the way Lee Hyun Chul portrayed him. I can't tell by his facial experience what this character is really thinking inside? Is he feeling resentful like the other chefs? Or is he siding with the chef? I know his character is always serious and purposeful but that's different from appearing to be indifferent. I kind of get him and I kind of don't. My favorite kitchen staff has to be Eun Soo the new kitchen staff. He is hilarious to watch, especially starting from episode 12. My second favorite character has to be the father. I love how nervous Chef gets when he meets him. Too bad I can't find a Youtube clip on it. And Chef's Chef. He is just like Chef except Chef is scared of him. hahaha

One thing in the plot that bothered me was the episode with the scallops. What happened to it? Did she ever succeed in making that passed? And what exactly is the role of Kim San's sister? She seems so useless...wait she is useless for the plot. Anyhow, I fill fully satisfied with the ending episode. It's like finishing a full-course meal. It wrapped up everything so nicely. Even the evil and unreasonable Manager Seol seems lovable. haha


0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment