1.01.2011

////

2011-01-01 Format laptop


I thought I can escape from the tradition of fixing computers during Christmas break...obviously I was wrong. First, the old HP that causes me grief every year miraculously broke down again! After only using it less than ten times after last installation @___@ I was absolutely speechless. what happened was everything froze upon startup and the mouse won't work ~ all I wanted to do was to copy a disc D: soo I thought I had to reinstall everything, but recovery disc went weird and showed me that I can recover without losing files! I had never seen that function before! But I used it and it made everything work again! I don't really care about anything else other than able to burn discs (that's the only reason we keep the computer) so I only made sure Nero worked and uninstalled everything else. Lol disabled Internet too.

So the old HP was easily fixed...that's the end of this year's computer fixing? NO! My vista has to go berserk! It's been weird ever since December ~~ randomly shut down and display weird messages. I ran scans and everything and thought it was fixed... But everything was significantly slower. *sigh* I've been using this for 907days already and did many hinge to it. Like changing it to Mac styled (Lol and had a hard time getting back to normal vista); installed whole bunch of softwares (like vid subbing, etc) so I'm not really surprised it so messed up now. Haha I guess it's my own fault?but I just hope Microsoft office and my printer works because the printer is not suppose to be compatible with vista but i randomly made it work...though it didn't work again for new PC so i worry. And as for microsoft word, hehe well i didnt really install it with a cd~ lets just leave it at that :D

Well I backed up all my files for the past two days (thank goodness for harddrive!) and today reformat day! New year = new computer! It's currently reformatting as I am blogging about it. Hehe

I just hope it won't take too long. I still have lots to do for school: yuck!

0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment