3.30.2009

////

2009-03-30 Pets

I thought about it for a long time. Ever since I was small, I adored puppies. I only had my eyes for bunnies and puppies. They are the most adorable animals ever! Sadly, my pet owning skills quickly died after the death of my bunny. I was so upset of its death, I can still clearly recall that week:

It was Thursday night and I was living at school. I was in first grade and it was the first week back to school after spring break. I was excited to go home and see my bunny the next day. However, that night, an upsetting feeling arouse in me and I couldn't sleep. For the weirdest reasons, I had a feeling that something happened to by bunny at home. I started to envision the worst possibility that could happen: What if my bunny died. I cried and told myself it was foolish thoughts and that I'm going to see it the next day.

On Friday, everything was fine. I was at Grandma's, waiting for my dad to get off work and to pick me up to go home. But as soon as my dad stepped into the door, as soon as he opened to say he had bad news, the thought of the death of my bunny flashed passed my mind. Truthfully, I had a feeling that my bunny might really had died, but I could not accept it. My worst nightmare came true, my dad announced the death of my beloved bunny...and I cried my eyes out.

Nine years had passed but I can still feel the sadness. What frustrated me the most was the way my bunny had died. That first week, when I was back at school, my mom went on a business trip. My dad, being the busy him, forgot to change Bunny's water bowl on Thursday. In the night, when the weather turned cold, rather than drinking the cold water, Bunny drank his own pee...and he died from it...at least this is the reason my dad provided me with.

I never saw the dead body of Bunny, my dad had already wrapped him in his cage within a plastic bag. We didn't have a place to bury it (since there weren't a lot of parks in Beijing to begin with) we left it in a bush. After that day, I vowed to never own a pet again because I knew that 1) I won't have time to take care of it ...(my mom took care of Bunny the most: feeding, changing cage, etc.) and 2) I can't bear the pain of losing a life.

When I moved to Canada, my parents asked if I wanted a puppy because I had always loved them with my heart. I rejected the offer because I knew it'll be a lot of trouble. But now I am older, I think I will own a puppy in my lifetime. When I grow up, I WILL OWN A PUPPY! I will take care of it with all the love I have and play with it and talk with it.

If I buy a puppy, I prefer smaller breeds. I am considering Coton de Tulear or West Highland White Terriers. They are cuties!! Just watch me. When I am older and living by myself, I won't be alone. I will be with one of the cutie pies as shown below ^.^
West Highland White Terriers

0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment