12.23.2008

2008-12-23 NANA

I was so thrilled to be finally able to read the manga, “Nana”. I had watched the live action earlier this year. At first everything seemed a little hazy and out of place in the movie. I was confused in their dialogue and had thought their acting was really bad. However, as a read the manga, I realized how closely the movie followed the actual storyline. Reading the manga is like re-watching the live action again.

I admire the drawings of Ai Yazawa. After reading “Paradise Kiss” and now “NANA” I am in awe of the way she drew the eyes of each character and their clothes. Just through the eyes, you can feel the emotions of each character. They sparkle when the characters are happy, excited. At the same time, they convey sadness and hesitance. It looks so real, it’s truly amazing. I must also praise that her sense of fashion is superb. The outfit of each character was drawn with care and detail. Nana (*note*I will call Nana O. Nana and Nana K, Hachi^^) have these earrings of planet…I think it’s Saturn. Even though they are small decorations, Ai Yazawa is consistent in drawing them which adds the character presence of Nana, making her more realistic.

Must continue reading!! Btw- even though I may be posting about the manga, I am not going to recollect the synopsis. Read it yourself! It’s good. I will just chat a little about the random things that came to my head while reading.

0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment