7.08.2011

2011-07-08 City Hunter Ep 1 {spoiler alert}

So I finally watched the first episode of the drama that everyone is soooo obsessed over these days. Honestly I think it's overrated but we'll see how it plays out. After watching the first episode I can only say I hope it gets better. Unlike IRIS, the first episode didn't make me immediately love this drama. It's understandable since it's basically setting up the plot for the coming episodes. But this episode is way too predictable that it got to the point of boredom. When Mu-yeol told his wife he will return safely and name their son when he returns it's so obvious in the drama world that he will not return. And since LMH is the main character who didn't appear in the beginning, it's so obvious that the baby will be LMH's character...do I really need to watch most of this episode? meh not really.

So Mu-yeol died and Jin-pyo returns to seek revenge and kidnaps Mu-yeol's son. Way to make the widow even sadder. And how very selfish. He basically determined the fate of  Yoon Sung. And all this happened because of the rash and stupid decisions made by the government officials...how fun. And Jin-pyo became a drug boss? ookkayyy...

So finally LMH appeared as the grown-up Yoon Sung. I'm basically watching continuing with this episode so I can see what his character is like and how hot LMH really became. So his appearance served as a comic relief for this episode. His playful character is quite fun to watch. Though I think Shik Joong is funnier. hahahha And what's with the picture of the girl. I know she'll be like the main female lead but like why does this happen in all the dramas I had watched of this genre? In Iris, it's love at first sight. In Athena, it's love at first sight. In this, it's love at first sight of a photo...and it's always the guy who's head over heels for the girl first...sssiiiiggghhh....okay. now don't tell me that girl is like some secret agent that works for the government and in the end Yoon Sung had to choose between the girl and his revenge.....I guess we'll see.

Okay continuing on. Now the following series of events are the setup for the moment of truth revealing...personally I didn't like it. It's all started because of Yoon Sung's playful confident personality which ended up saving Shik Joong. Then the enemy invaded Yoon Sung's house for revenge which got his motherly figure woman killed. Due to his rage, he rushed out and ended up stepping on a land mine which nearly killed his "father" who was trying to save him...which lead to the whole confession just in case Jin-pyo dies...and he didn't die. okay...so I was expecting a more epic setup for the moment of truth but this whole mafia thing really is kinda random. Shik Joong better become a more useful character later on or else this first episode really sucks. And seeing how well Yoon Sung takes in the truth really surprised me...I guess he was too upset that this "father" is gonna die because of him? hmmm

So this drama is about getting revenge? Does that make Yoon Sung the bad guy or the good guy? And why is this called City Hunter? I don't get it...hunting down those five people? hmmm I wonder how the plot is going to play out...and how good can this drama really get?

And seriously? Pink pants?  Reminds me of something F4 would wear lol ...butnot what I expect of a hardcore assassin...just saying~~ And "Don’t love anybody. If your identity is uncovered, you and those around you will be stained blood-red.” but Kim Nana is standing right there? oh the irony.

So episode one of City Hunter, you did not impress me. And LMH, despite what my friends say about you, I'm not loving you right now and probably will not. FYI this is my first time seen you act (never watched BOF) so we'll see how you do. Iris and Athena both have their own pros and cons. So City Hunter, wonder if you will rise above and beyond my expectations...

0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment