7.08.2011

2011-07-07 My Black Mini Dress {spoiler alert}

The eng subs are finally out!!! yayayayay. So I finally watched the movie I had waited for so long: "My Black Mini Dress". My first impression? Honestly it was a bit confusing...maybe it was because of the bad subs or just the movie moves along really fast...but I got it in the end so that's all it matters. I think the biggest reason I like this movie is the subject it focuses on is really close to heart: friendship. Four best friends graduating from university. While each deals with their own personal conflicts they find themselves growing apart from each other. They are not perfect. Jealousy and lies exists. But in the end true friendship prevailed. And I think that's only possible because true friends understands and accepts you for who you are...and won't abandon because how you look, what you do, or your family background. It's funny how I watched this after graduation and have to move away and leave my friends. In a way this movie is like a what-not-to-do lesson. haha I do hope I can still remain good friends with all my high school pals even after years of uni without them. I guess only time will tell.

Now onto the more movie side of things. One thing that bothered me was the focus on Yoon Eun Hye's character, Yoo Min. At first I thought it was the story of the four girls...but it turned out more was focused on Yoo Min. I'm a bit disappointed because I want to know what the life of the other three girls is like in more details. And Young Min's suicide was soooo predictable!! Especially after her last phone call. Though personally I didn't like how the four friends made up in Young Min's funeral...Yoo Min said something about bury their unhappiness with her grave...maybe it's the translation that's messed up but just overall finding happiness at someone's funeral just gives me a sense of selfishness. Well I guess it's understandable cuz Young Min wanted people to find their own happiness but still...personally I didn't like it. Especially when Yoo Min kinda neglected Young Min's last call because she was too preoccupied with her relationship with that oppa. But then again, it holds true in reality which is why this movie is so real and truthful.

And of course I was so surprised to see Dongho in this! And his part was hilarious!!! :) These are probably my favorite parts of the movie lol:

Lastly but not the least the title of the movie was finally explained. The four became bffs through the same black mini dress. For sure the most appropriate title for their story.

0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment