3.28.2010

iTouch Apps: Goodbyes

Ever since I got my iTouch, I've been downloading apps and apps and more apps -- all legal ones --. Today, I was looking at my iTunes and decided to get rid of some that I will not use again.

1) Rolando 2: Quest for the Golden Orchid - Chapter 1
This game was actually really fun: each level had something new and different. I was pretty preoccupied in trying to finish all the levels with all the awards and I did!..for Chapter 1. Too bad the next few chapters are no longer free T__T so I guess I have no need for this app anymore...(I'm not the kind who plays the same game with no changes in the levels over and over again.) Au revoir!~


2) 3D Rollercoaster Rush Pack (3D Rollercoaster Rush; Jurassic 3D Rollercoaster Rush; Haunted 3D Rollercoaster Rush; New York 3D Rollercoaster Rush)
It's pretty sweet that this is in 3D and the rollercoaster tracks are out-of-this-world: they are suspended in mid-air! hahaha really cool stuff. There are also different themes and different locations too! For the Jurassic Park one, the track goes underwater while the New York version have the rollercoaster carts as taxis. The only downfall is that for all the free versions only gives 3 levels and then you have to buy it. =__=

3) Assassin's Creed Altair's Chronicles
This is my first time playing Assassin's Creed so it was very interesting. For the free version, you just walk around, get the blue orb thingy, and kill bad guys. I'm guessing all the more complicated and fun stuff comes if you buy to full version. =D

4) Hotel Tycoon Lite
This tycoon is just so-so for me. I found it kind of boring because it's just the same routine over and over again. Change price for festivals, hire employees, advertise, renovate, provide service to earn money for a bigger hotel. It doesn't really interest me because I don't even get to see the inside of my hotel. Everything is just on words, you don't get to see any action. =(

5) Cooking Dash Lite
I had always loved 'Diner Dash' and 'Cooking Dash' with Flo as the character, so I was pretty happy to get this app. However, in 'Cooking Dash Lite', you can only play 5 levels...pooey >-< Too bad I can't play it over and over again because it's the same thing each time so it can get pretty boring. *sigh*...oh wells, I guess I'll have to play it on the computer =D

6-8) Epic Pet Wars, Epic Chef Wars, Street Racing (see post)

9) Fruit Juice Tycoon
LOL, they made such an intense storyline with a simple fruit juice stand. Basically, a big juice company want to eliminate all competition so you have to earn enough money or you'll die. Too bad the lite version stopped before I can find out want happened in the end.

10-11) Tap Tap Revenge, Tap Tap Revenge 2
After Tap Tap Revenge 3, there is no way I can still play the older versions.

12) Crazy Penguin Catapult 2
I love this game. The penguin treatment in this game is freaky but fun at the same time. Too bad I already played all the levels in the lite version T__T

13) Poke a Penguin
I lost interest in this after a few rounds. This is like that "Bubble wrap" app but with penguins. Basically you want to poke as many penguins as possible in a limited time.

14) Google Mobile App
This app is just a collection of links to google application online. It's not very useful for me because I already have apps on those application. I don't need another app to link to the apps I already have. i.e. gmail, translator, etc. Does that make any sense?

15) Convert Units for Free
I realized I already have a converter in the '9-toolbox' app. Guess I don't need this anymore =)

16) Coupon Sherpa
My biggest question: Are these coupons real?
And are these coupons usable in Canada? There are some stores that's on there that I had never heard of and the coupons stays the same every week, every month. @___@ Just how reliable is this app?

17) FREE French Essentials by AccelaStudy
It's all very easy french so this is not very useful.

18) Free French Tutor
Once again, very simple french. Not very helpful.

19) *Free* Grammar Up
The study guide kind of apps never work because they are always sooo easy! Another unhelpful app.

20) Green Screen Lite
A cool photo-editing app that can change the backgrounds of a photo. However, it lacks background variety in the lite version.

21) SPC Card
This app is very pointless. The weekly perks section is just a link to the website and is the same stuff you get on emails.

22) My iHoroscope
Compared to the other horoscope apps, this one is not very detailed nor it is very accurate.

23) Math Tricks Lite
I actually learned something new from this app!!! There are some very interesting math tricks but there are only 2 in the lite version. >__< Here are the two tricks I learned from this:

A. Squaring number in the 50s (e.g. 58squared)
  1. Add 25 to the ones digit (25+8=33)
  2. Square ones digit (8x8=64)
  3. Combine the two answers (58 squared = 3364)
B. Squaring numbers ending in 5 (e.g. 25 squared)
  1. Multiply tenth digit by one more than it (2x3=6)
  2. Put 25 on end of the answer (25squared =625)
Interesting huh.

24) 2010 Guide: Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games: the Official Guide
This was such an useful app during the 2 weeks of Olympics. It provided all the scoring and schedules with information about each event. ohhh I miss the Olympics =__=

0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment