8.17.2011

////

2011-18-17 Beginnings & Nostalgia

First impressions:
on the way to house// holy smokes there are a lot of trees
getting out of the car// the weather is so nice here!
waiting on the driveway for house keys// hey there are no mosquitoes!
walking through the front door of house// holy this house is tall
overall// my house is so tall. LOL

Not going to describe my house just cuz it's irrelevant. But I will say there's a shopping district outside my neighborhood that I can just walk to which I'm uber excited about! yay!~ 

The movers came on the day we arrived so all we did for the rest of the week was unpacking, assemble furniture, and more unpacking. Basically those two weeks was all packing and unpacking. soo tiring and I hate assembling the pool table too! grrrrrrr Because the basement ceiling is also different from the ones from my old house we can't install the pool table light anymore :( so saaddd~~~

Anyhow through this process I sure revisited a lot of my old toys and things. We bought a cabinet just to put all my old books (chinese and english), school things, and toys. I almost ran out of space! O: But seeing those made me felt so nostalgic! Here are some of the favorite:

1) Usborne Puzzle Adventure Series
These series are like solve yourself mysteries. It has a storyline (like Cause of Death) but you have to actually think and figure out the puzzle in order to advance to the next page. I got the chinese version when I was little and loved them since. They are sooo fun and interesting to read. Sometimes pretty intense too! hehehe The best part is probably the solve yourself mystery part :) It made me feel like such an accomplished detective lolol :)

2) Scala

I love lego, which is kinda why I like Ikea lol. And when I was little I had this Scala set (lego for girls). Basically you build houses and it features really intricate things like milk jugs and clothes hangers. Honestly if you tell me to play Scala right this moment, I would be entertained for a long time. Out of curiosity I wondered if the Scala line continued on so I googled a bit. I don't think it was very popular. There was this guy on Yahoo Answer asking what the heck Scala is 4 years ago so I guess Scala only existed for the lesser of the world's population. But I like it soo much more than Barbies.

3) Tom& Jerry Adventure Stories and Mickey Mouse magazines.
They are my childhood and I probably have gazillion issues of them. Read a few when I was suppose to be cleaning the basement. hehehehe Dad said I'm still just a big kid and that's so true. I feel like my 7 year old self every time I read them :)

I think all these blogging pretty much summoned up my moving journey. Brief and condensed but I'm sure it'll trigger some old memories when I read them again later on :)

0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment