5.29.2011

////

Hair and Makeup for Grad

These past few days were hectic. With grad and commencement and all that jazz I actually learned so much about hair and makeup. LOL. So first the makeup. At first I thought I would either get it done by professional or do a quite neutral makeup. Then I randomly encountered frmheadtotoe's tutorial on prom makeup when I was just blogging through bloglovin'. It looks really pretty and I really want to try it. It was then I decided to do makeup myself. So I bought more eyeshadow (got Too Faced Smoky Palette!), concealer (love it! ^^), and gel liner (finally found the perfect liner!). When I was purchasing my products, Sephora told me they are doing free resident makeup artistry on the day of my grad banquet which means I can get professional makeup done for free! I signed up but then realized if I can get pro makeup why did I even buy my makeup in the first place? LOL Though, in the end I didn't go and ended up doing the makeup myself because of two reasons: 1) It's too hectic to drive to the mall and back and go to city hall. 2) Do I want to risk it? I mean what if the makeup isn't what I wanted? (The first time I got then at Sephora the person didn't really know how to do makeup for Asians.) I don't have the time to redo. Indeed it was hectic that day. I had to finish doing my makeup under 20min. I am pretty proud by the way it turned out...though my washroom was a mess though. LOL. I followed this tutorial, changing gold and purple shadow to light blue and blue.

Too bad I didn't have time to practice my false lashes...but I have my glasses anyways so not really a loss. But I'm happy that I'm getting good at putting on foundation, eyeshadow, and stuff. I think what I'm most happy about is my liner. I finally found a liner that last fffooorreevveerr, won't smudge, and is easy to apply. Cream/gel liners FTW!

As for the hair, I didn't want to spend $70 on styling so it was very tempting. 4 hours before grad started I still didn't know what to do for hair. There were several tutorial I found and wanted to try. At first my mom and I tried the one by pursebuzz

I sprayed so much hairspray on to tease my hair but it didn't really work out. I guess I don't have enough hair. LOL And I really don't like using hairspray. I feel like it's making me loose hair. haha but this style turned out to be really messy on me. I can't make the bump round and and smooth as shown in the video.

Since this didn't really work out, I thought it probably means shouldn't tease my hair. I was kind of sad because I really liked this other hairstyle too (though I didn't think I have enough hair for this anyways):

Anyhow, by the time I decided to redo my hair, I was running out of time (only 2 hours left, excluding the time spent on the road). This means I don't have the time to do some complex style.

And it appears I don't have enough hair for this really cool braid:

So by the end of all that, I chose this other braid style:

I had to change it a little because my hair is not long enough. But it turned out pretty in the end and that's all that matters :)

This whole makeup and hair stuff for grad is really tiring me out. I'm glad it's over. haha But the process what quite fun :D

0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment