2.15.2010

////

2010-02-15 Olympics!

wow this long weekend sure is full of holidays! Chinese New Year, Valentine's, Family Day...and the opening ceremony of the Olympics =)

There are so much too blog but I just don't have time. Let's see...I remember during xmas break, I wanted blog about my first (and probably last) Oilers game, 2012 the movie, the gift card from EPL, my snowboard, and so much more...but I never got a chance too T_T

But that's old news ~I have even better news
I'm happy happy because 1) I got into Shad and 2) I finally ordered my hesh headphones! (it was out of stock before)

I feel like such a nerd for been so happy in getting into Shad...oh well...at least I'm a happy nerd =D I think it's mostly because I didn't I'd get in. On their brochure, it said "high academic average" (which I lack =P) and that it's so competitive, even the top students may not get in...

I actually debated for a long time in whether to apply or not. For the longest time, I thought there was no point in putting in all that effort because I thought the chance for me getting in was very slim. Then, I made the sudden decision to do it -- around 4 days before the first deadline. So I was in a hurry and wasn't sure how good my application was...but that doesn't matter anymore. I got in!! hehehe. now gotta choose my top four campuses. I'm thinking: McMaster, Queens, Waterloo, and UBC.

And just this weekend, I had a sudden urge to check if skullcandy have the headphone I wanted in stock...and IT IS!!! yays! I should get it sometime this month =D

This weekend, I updated my music collection and cleaned up my iTunes. It feeeeellsss goooddd but it was so time consuming. Now I'm into the whole eurodance, techno, house music. I wonder how the bass will sound with my new headphones? =D

Today, me and my mom went to buy a new monitor. She wanted a bigger monitor ~ our old one was only 15". We had always talked about it since xmas but we really thought of buying it...until today. =D It was a really rush decision too. We were just looking at flyers and saw some monitors on sale so we went to future shop and Best Buy to buy it or the sale item would be out of stock. In the end, we got a much more expensive one because it looks so much nicer. hahaha. So now we have a new 20" monitor =)

Oh and my thoughts about the Olympic ceremony? It was...interesting. I really really liked the opening snowboarding part. I was sooo cooolll. ^^ I liked the way they just had large white drapes and shone lighting effects on it. It was an economic way but it looked really good. The program was pretty good but I didn't like the fiddlers and the tap dancers. Firstly, the fiddlers looked like punk rock stars and their entire get-up reminded me of Irish or Swiss people. What does tap dancers and fiddlers have to do with Canadian culture? hmmm...and of course, the big oopsy at the end of the ceremony with the torch. We all know how fail that was. I didn't like how the external cauldron was so far away from the stadium. I felt so sorry for Wayne Gretzky who had to hold the heavy torch one-handed for such a long time while standing on the back of a truck in the wind and snow. They should have built it closer or thought of better way to get there. At least get a nice car! not a truck!! Standing from a limo would have been nice too. Overall, it wasn't too great, but it wasn't bad. Then again, I was never a big fan of Opening Ceremonies (I didn't think the Beijing Olympic one was too great at first either).

Oh ya! I was pretty excited to see that Romeo Dallaire was one of the Olympic flag bearer. It's cool that somebody you had seen in real life participated in such a big event. It's a small world after-all =D

0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment